Up here in the fells of Spartylea, we’ve had 3 snowfalls so far before the 1st of December, which is out of the ordinary. Perhaps these falls presage a harsh winter, but nevertheless we’ll be safely ensconced with our flour, our wood-fired bread oven, and copious amounts of wine in hand.
It’s because of the harsh winters here, of course, that we can’t offer our popular breadmaking courses until the blizzard season is reasonably past. So we’ll commence again after the Ides of March, anyway. We’ll be delighted, however, to forward vouchers for any of our courses listed, if enquirers looking for that ideal Christmas present would like to get in touch with Carrie (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm availability and prices.
- Saturday 18th March, 2017 Breadmaking for Beginners
- Saturday 25th March, 2017 Sourdough Techniques
- Saturday 8th April, 2017 Easter Breads
- Saturday 22nd April, 2017 Italian Breads
- Saturday 29th April, 2017 Sourdough Techniques
- Saturday 6th May, 2017 French Breads
- Saturday 20th May, 2017 Breadmaking for Beginners
- Saturday 27th May, 2017 Scandinavian Breads
- Saturday 10th June, 2017 Flat Breads & Dips
- Saturday 17th June, 2017 Sourdough Techniques
- Saturday 24th June, 2017 Italian Breads
- Saturday 8th July, 2017 Breadmaking for Beginners
- Saturday 22nd July, 2017 French Breads
- Saturday 29th July, 2017 Scandinavian Breads
- Saturday 12th August, 2017 Sourdough Techniques
- Saturday 19th August, 2017 Flat Breads & Dips
So, our best suggestion for enquirers is to email the bakery (email@example.com) to enquire about prices (typically in the region of £90-£115) and availability. Carrie our friendly baker will pencil your reservation in, confirming with you when she’s received payment (or forwarding on our special generic voucher that your recipient may use at any course). We do remind our course participants that we try very hard to keep prices low, so late cancellations are not only a severe hardship to us but could force us to raise our fees in future. Our courses are available on a first-come, first-served basis, to a maximum of 4 participants on each day-long offering.
And all best wishes for the festive season!
Our courses are increasingly in demand, so that Carrie has to work hard just to keep things going, in the best possible way. We offer scheduled and bespoke breadmaking courses for a maximum of 4 participants here in our fellside bakery, and we all have a great deal of fun on the day!
Summer is upon us, it seems, sometimes, even though our busy bees are struggling through wind and rain, but then everyone has to struggle to stay standing in the wind and intermittent hail these days. Carrie has worked out a friendly schedule for autumn of 2016. So, for the most delightful day out you can imagine, with all the bread you bake brought back home alive, enquire soonest!
- Saturday, 17th September, 2016: Flat Breads, Dips & Mezze
- Wednesday, 21st September, 2016: Scandinavian Breads
- Saturday 15th October, 2016: Sourdough Techniques (Fully Booked)
- Wednesday 2nd November, 2016: Italian Breads
- Saturday 12th November, 2016: Sourdough Techniques [Now Fully Booked]
- Wednesday 16th November, 2016: French Breads
- Wednesday 30th November, 2016: Christmas/Festive Breads
- Saturday 3rd December, 2016: Bespoke Sourdough Techniques [Fully Booked]
Typical course fees range from £90 to £105, depending on the cost of ingredients and preparation time, and we ask for payment in advance please. We keep our prices low trusting in the goodwill of our students not to let us down by cancelling — otherwise we should need to double our prices if we lose a place at the last minute.
Demand is high for our lovely, 4 student courses held in our tiny artisan bakery high up in the fells around Sparty Lea, and so we’ve decided on target dates for our summer and autumn offerings, already.
- Wednesday 22nd July, 2015: French Bread
- Saturday 1st August, 2015: Breadmaking for Beginners
- Saturday 15th August, 2015: Sourdough Techniques
- Wednesday 9th September, 2015: Sourdough Techniques
- Saturday 19th September, 2015: Breadmaking for Beginners [Now fully booked]
- Wednesday 30th September, 2015: French Bread
- Saturday 10th October, 2015: Italian Bread
- Wednesday 21st October, 2015: Breadmaking for Beginners
- Wednesday 11th November, 2015: Sourdough Techniques
- Saturday 28th November, 2015: Festive Breads
This is an early notice posting of dates: please see our terms and conditions and information on how to book, on our Spring Courses offerings.